Nuclear Spark Forum Base
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum dedicated to the touhou fan-base

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Touhou 13 Announced!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Okuu (lEEtPLaYER)
Admin
Admin
Okuu (lEEtPLaYER)

Touhou 13 Announced!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Touhou 13 Announced!!!!   Touhou 13 Announced!!!! EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 10:31 pm

Reitaisai comin up, and you know what that means, new touhou games!!!!
On the 28th of feb, ZUN officially announced the release of the thirteenth game in the Touhou franchise: 東方神霊廟 ~ Ten Desires. (I think with some thought that this will be known as TD?)
Apparantly, due to the groing community, the difficulty wont be as harsh as touhou 11, but it shouldn't be a pushover either.
It seems like we will get spell card practice too! (Last Words FTW)
4 playable characters confirmed!, these are Reimu, Marisa, Sanae and Youmu, no Sakuya though (prepares for the apocalypse caused by Sakuya fan-rages). here is some stuff from the official announcement on ZUN's site that was translated be the google translate that we all trust and love:

February went by like a flash.

Well, this year brought us sudden snow and chills as usual, but now I can start to finally feel the first signs of spring.

And so, I’ll be heading to Hakurei Reitaisai once again.

This year’s game will be “Touhou Project #13, Touhou Shinreibyou[Mausoleum of Divine Spirits] ~Ten Desires” (trial version)

Touhou 13 Announced!!!! 1
Looks like Touhou is now heading towards its thirteenth shot (though technically it isn’t actually the thirteenth release). Even though I only put out one work a year, having thought about how long I’ve been at it, I imagine the target demographics for my games have changed.

And so, this time, I will be keeping the difficulty level in check and won’t be going wild on the complexity of the game mechanics.

Roughly speaking, the story goes like this: “What appeared to be bunches of miscellaneous spirits popping up all over the place turned out to be a influx of beings called ‘divine spirits’. Not able to simply let things be, the heroine sets out to investigate.” In other words, not much of a story.

The protagonists will be the usual Reimu and Marisa, as well as Sanae, who seeks to effectively harness the power of these divine spirits, and Youmu, who seeks to exterminate the out of control divine spirits, making for a grand total of four choices for playable characters.

I’m currently working on the game, aiming for the type of game that leaves the player feeling good after defeating an enemy even though the game itself isn’t that hard.

Keep your eyes peeled for an evolved “business as usual!”

Touhou 13 Announced!!!! 2
Touhou 13 Announced!!!! 3
Touhou 13 Announced!!!! 4
Touhou 13 Announced!!!! 5
Touhou 13 Announced!!!! 6
* The screenshots are of a game in development, and thus the game will definitely look different in the future. In fact, I just changed something now!

Oh, forgot to add this, but what will be released at Reitaisai will be the trial version only!
/endepicZUNpost
well there we have it, the long anticipated th13!!! and since its spirits we are talking about, who is our fav spirit gal that we all want to see again? THATS RIGHT!!!! MIMA!!!! (I hope, this is just a guess)

Anyway, let us all look forward to the release, and practice on the hell that we call touhou 11 (or 12 works too) in the meantime! Very Happy

if the pics dont work you can see them here at: gensokyo.org most info there as well
Okuu out

Last edited by Okuu (lEEtPLaYER) on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added screen shots)
Back to top Go down
https://masterspark.forumotion.com

Touhou 13 Announced!!!!
Page 1 of 1